Wellington transport and energy issues. A forum
Following Sustainable Energy Forum’s AGM on Thursday 27 July there will be a forum on issues raised in the current EnergyWatch issue 79.
Date - Thu 27 July
17:30 - 19:00
Location: Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane, Wellington City
This forum will follow Sustainable Energy Forum’s AGM, and will be chaired by Steve Goldthorpe focussing and expanding on issues raised in the current EnergyWatch issue 79.
It is also supported by Congestion Free Wellington (CFW).
The following people will speak for 5 to 10 minutes on their topic.
Time will then be allowed for further discussion.
- Tim Jones: Transport scenarios for Wellington
- Ellen Blake: Walkability is the most energy efficiency transport
- Steve Goldthorpe: Why EVs are a distraction
- Isabella Cawthorn: Mobilising for mobility: lessons for Wellington from Auckland’s public transit campaigns
- Paul Bruce: Why trains and trolleys are a good investment!
- Sea Rotmann: Airport runway extension – a highly suspect project!
- Frank Pool: Key sustainable energy issues for NZ
Other topics covered in EW 79 and open for debate
Crony Electricity market unfit for purpose
Energy efficiency levels in the building code
Wood burner potential for mitigation greenhouse gases
Fuel economy incentives
Stop looking for oil