Ka Nui: organising against fossil fuel extraction
This gathering will explore what we'd like to be involved in and how we can organise together against the expansion of fossil fuel extraction in Aotearoa.
This is going out to all of you who were keen to work together against the expansion of fossil fuel extraction in Aotearoa. After our great protest outside the Petroleum Summit in September, we all expressed a strong desire to get more happening in Wellington.
Come along to discuss what next: 7pm Monday 12th November, 19 Tory St, Wellington
What we're meeting about
In the follow-up meeting immediately after the protest, there were lots of ideas and enthusiasm about ways to organise and what different people would like see happening in Wellington. We also really appreciated hearing about what is happening in communities like Taranaki.
This gathering will explore what we'd like to be involved in and how we can organise this together.
Here is a suggested plan- (which we can change).
- A brief rundown some of the key points from last time and relevant background
- A round from everyone: what do we want to happen? How much time do you have? What do you think is needed in Wellington? What groups already exist in Wellington? What do you hope to contribute? Out of this we could see if there is energy for a group...and further action.
- What are the basic things we need for a group and volunteers for these e.g. mailing list.
- If we have time, note some of the bigger things we will need too e.g. decision-making process, vision
- Look at the roles that may be required for an action - and see which of us have skills we want to share or learn around these roles
- What next ? Are there some specific actions we could look at this year? Set next meeting date
- Could we meet to look at developing strategy in January?