(A-Radio) Brazil: The Passe Livre movement in Sao Paulo
As Anarchist Radio Berlin we had the opportunity to talk with an activist of the Passe Livre movement from Sao Paulo, Brazil, about their struggle.
The struggle for the right to the city, against the intensification of exploitation and valorization is complex and diverse. May it be people in Berlin stopping an eviction, squatting houses in Amsterdam, taking squares in Greece or fighting for free public transportation in Brazil. A state with a massive territory, huge cities and as in so many places a classist, racist and sexist division of labour that expresses itself among other ways through the public transportation system.
You'll find the audio (to listen online or download in different sizes) here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2016/01/13/a-radio-in-english-brazil-the-passe-livre-movement-in-sao-paulo/
Length: 17:04 min
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/englishcastellano/.
Among our last audios you can find:
* Mediterranean 2: An interview with two anarchists working on the refugee topic in Slovenia: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2016/01/12/a-radio-in-english-mediterranean-2-anarchists-in-slovenia-and-the-refugee-balkan-route/
* Northern Europe 3: An interview with two members of the new Anarchist Federation in Finland, Alusta: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2016/01/05/a-radio-in-english-northern-europe-3-the-new-anarchist-federation-in-finland-alusta/
* Mediterranean 1: An interview with two activists of the occupied and self-organized refugee center Notara26 in Athens, Greece: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2016/01/02/a-radio-in-english-mediterranean-1-the-occupied-refugee-center-notara26-in-athens/
* Northern Europe 2: An interview on the Anarchist Bookfair in Tallinn, Estonia: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/12/18/a-radio-in-english-northern-europe-2-the-anarchist-bookfair-in-tallinn-estonia/
* Northern Europe 1: An audio on the countercultural Musta Pispala festival in Tampere, Finland: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/23/a-radio-in-english-northern-europe-1-musta-pispala-festival-in-finland/
* Eastern Europe 5: An interview with Anarchist Black Cross Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/19/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-5-anarchist-black-cross-warsaw/
* The documentation of a presentation about the topic "Undercover for State and Capital": http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/04/a-radio-auf-englisch-audio-documentation-undercover-for-state-and-capital/
* Eastern Europe 4: An interview about anarchists and the tenants movement in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/22/a-radio-in-english-anarchists-and-the-tenants-movement-in-warsaw/
* Eastern Europe 3: An interview about anarchism and the squats in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/18/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-3-anarchism-in-warsaw-the-syrena-and-przychodnia-squats/
* Eastern Europe 2: An interview about the squatted ROD garden in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/14/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-2-the-squatted-rod-garden-in-warsaw/
* Eastern Europe 1: An interview about struggles in Poland and the Rozbrat squat: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/20/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-1-struggles-in-poland-and-the-rozbrat-squat-in-poznan/
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings - in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!