(A-Radio) Eastern Europe 4: Anarchists and the tenants movement in Warsaw
As part of a journey through Eastern Europe a member of the Anarchist Radio Berlin talked to another comrade of the project Syrena. The main topics were the history of re-privatization through ruthless landlords and local autorithies in Warsaw.
As part of a journey through Eastern Europe a member of the Anarchist Radio Berlin had the opportunity of talking to another comrade of the housing project Syrena. The main topics of this interview were the history of re-privatization through ruthless landlords and local autorithies in Warsaw like the case of the murder of the tenants activist Jolanta Brzeska in 2011 as well as the wild tenants struggles against these mechanisms and their cooperation with the anarchist movement regarding soaring rents and a small building of social housing in Warsaw. Additionally, our friend told us some interesting facts about the development of Warsaw's city structure, especially its rebuilding in terms of communal housing under the Soviet regime.
Some more interviews with anarchist organizations and anarchist projects will follow soon as part of our new series on anarchism and social struggles in Eastern Europe.
You'll find the audio (to listen online or download in different sizes) here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/22/a-radio-in-english-anarchists-and-the-tenants-movement-in-warsaw/
Length: 35:10 min
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/englishcastellano/.
Among our last audios you can find:
* Eastern Europe 3: An interview about anarchism and the squats in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/18/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-3-anarchism-in-warsaw-the-syrena-and-przychodnia-squats/
* Eastern Europe 2: An interview about the squatted ROD garden in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/14/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-2-the-squatted-rod-garden-in-warsaw/
* Eastern Europe 1: An interview about struggles in Poland and the Rozbrat squat: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/20/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-1-struggles-in-poland-and-the-rozbrat-squat-in-poznan/
* An interview with the Anarchist Federation in Glasgow about their work, the referendum and the rise of nationalism: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/18/a-radio-in-english-anarchist-federation-in-glasgow-about-their-work-the-referendum-and-the-rise-of-nationalism/
* An interview with ABC Belarus on the release of the anarchist prisoners and the upcoming elections: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/05/a-radio-in-english-abc-belarus-on-the-release-of-the-prisoners-and-the-upcoming-elections/
* The documentation of a CrimethInc presentation on "To Change Everything": http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/26/a-radio-auf-englisch-audio-documentation-crimethinc-presentation-in-prague-2015-to-change-everything/
* An interview about the upcoming Week of solidarity with anarchist prisoners (23-30 August 2015): http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/12/a-radio-in-english-interview-week-of-solidarity-with-anarchist-prisoners-august-2015/
* An interview about capitalism and recent changes in judicial law in the UK: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/07/a-radio-in-english-interview-capitalism-and-the-changes-in-the-uk-legal-aid-system/
* An interview on Reclaim the fields, food sovereignity and the prison system: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/05/a-radio-in-english-interview-reclaim-the-fields-food-sovereignity-and-the-prison-system/
* Two interviews with comrades from Greece about the new Greek government of Syriza: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/03/12/a-radio-in-english-greek-anarchists-on-syriza/
* An interview with Radical Theory and Practice (RTP) about the cooperative, its recent project of translating Emma Goldman's memoires into Russian and a lot more: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/03/11/a-radio-in-english-rtp-cooperative-on-emma-goldman-project/
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings - in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!