(A-Radio) Eastern Europe 3: Anarchism in Warsaw - the Syrena and Przychodnia squats
As part of a journey through Eastern Europe a member of the Anarchist Radio Berlin talked to a comrade of Syrena, a squat in Warsaw. In this interview we talk about their activities like anti-racist work, social work and anarchist activities.
As part of a journey through Eastern Europe a member of the Anarchist Radio Berlin had the opportunity of talking to a comrade of Syrena. Syrena is a squat in the inner city of Warsaw and has its origins in the tenants movement. In this interview we talk about the huge amount of activities like anti-racist work, social work and anarchist activities that are getting started out of Syrena. Further we talk about the connection to the Przychodnia Squat which is located directly behind Syrena as well as about the comrade's personal opinion of the controversial selling of the Od:zysk Squat in Poznan, which is quite an current issue in the Polish movement.
Some more interviews with anarchist organizations and anarchist projects will follow soon as part of our new series on anarchism and social struggles in Eastern Europe.
You'll find the audio (to listen online or download in different sizes) here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/18/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-3-anarchism-in-warsaw-the-syrena-and-przychodnia-squats/
Length: 18:41 min
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/englishcastellano/.
Among our last audios you can find:
* Eastern Europe 2: An interview about the squatted ROD garden in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/14/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-2-the-squatted-rod-garden-in-warsaw/
* Eastern Europe 1: An interview about struggles in Poland and the Rozbrat squat: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/20/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-1-struggles-in-poland-and-the-rozbrat-squat-in-poznan/
* An interview with the Anarchist Federation in Glasgow about their work, the referendum and the rise of nationalism: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/18/a-radio-in-english-anarchist-federation-in-glasgow-about-their-work-the-referendum-and-the-rise-of-nationalism/
* An interview with ABC Belarus on the release of the anarchist prisoners and the upcoming elections: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/05/a-radio-in-english-abc-belarus-on-the-release-of-the-prisoners-and-the-upcoming-elections/
* The documentation of a CrimethInc presentation on "To Change Everything": http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/26/a-radio-auf-englisch-audio-documentation-crimethinc-presentation-in-prague-2015-to-change-everything/
* An interview about the upcoming Week of solidarity with anarchist prisoners (23-30 August 2015): http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/12/a-radio-in-english-interview-week-of-solidarity-with-anarchist-prisoners-august-2015/
* An interview about capitalism and recent changes in judicial law in the UK: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/07/a-radio-in-english-interview-capitalism-and-the-changes-in-the-uk-legal-aid-system/
* An interview on Reclaim the fields, food sovereignity and the prison system: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/08/05/a-radio-in-english-interview-reclaim-the-fields-food-sovereignity-and-the-prison-system/
* An interview about anarchist bookfairs in Spring 2015 and other upcoming events: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/03/14/a-radio-in-english-anarchist-bookfairs-and-upcoming-events-in-europe/
* Two interviews with comrades from Greece about the new Greek government of Syriza: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/03/12/a-radio-in-english-greek-anarchists-on-syriza/
* An interview with Radical Theory and Practice (RTP) about the cooperative, its recent project of translating Emma Goldman's memoires into Russian and a lot more: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/03/11/a-radio-in-english-rtp-cooperative-on-emma-goldman-project/
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings - in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!